Cardamom Butter CookiesLacto (vegan option)
Preparation: 1 hour
Makes about 3 dozen
- 1 1/2 c unbleached flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 c butter (or vegan margarine)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 c sliced almonds
- 5 T powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F and position rack in the centre of the oven. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, 1/2 cup of sugar and 4 teaspoons of ground cardamom.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Stop adding flour if the dough mixture no longer holds together.
- Combine the powdered sugar and remaining cardamom in a small bowl.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball.
- Press sliced almonds into the top of the ball and dip the top of the ball into the powdered sugar mixture.
- Dip the bottom of a glass into the powdered sugar mixture and use the glass to press the cookie doughball onto the cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 for the rest of the cookies, spacing the cookies about one inch apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies at 375 F for 10 to 14 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Let baked cookies cool on the cookie sheet for about three minutes before transfering them to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for upto 1 week.
Back to Deserts, Sweets and Puddings
Back to Special Occasion
Back to Recipe Categories
Back to Recipe Index
If you have comments or suggestions,
Amanda's Kitchen is devoted to introducing healthy
vegetarian and vegan cooking to everyone's kitchen.
Page last updated: December 24, 2000
This page created with Netscape Navigator Gold