Preparation: 15 minutes
- 1 Romano lettuce (chopped into bit-size)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 large tomato cut into small chunks
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint, stems off
- 4 green onions chopped with the green ends
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp sumac spice
- 1 pocket bread toasted and cut up into bite-sizes
- 2 c. cooked chickpeas (optional)
- Toss all the veggies in a salad bowl (lettuce, cucmber, tomato, radishes, mint, green onions).
- Mix garlic, oil, lemon juice, and spices in a small jar.
- Cover the jar and shake to mix the dressing.
- When ready to serve, toss the salad with the dressing and toasted pita bread.
- Serve immediately.
If you have comments or suggestions,
Amanda's Kitchen is devoted to introducing healthy
vegetarian and vegan cooking to everyone's kitchen.
Page last updated: November 25, 2000
This page created with Netscape Navigator Gold