Thai-Fried NoodlesVegan (ovo option)
Preparation: 15-45 minutes
- 1 - 2 T oil
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 - 1 lb tofu, julienned
- 1/2 lb (250 g) dried thin noodles (woo-sen or rice)
- 3 – 8 T water
- 1 –3 T tamarind juice or vinegar
- 2 T pickled chinese radish (optional)
- (2 eggs, optional)
- 1 tsp molasses (optional)
- 2 T soy sauce (or 1 T veggie oyster sauce & 1 T light soy sauce)
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1/4 c. chopped chives
- 1/2 c. bean sprouts
- 1/2 c. peanuts, crushed
- (Chopped chives or coriander for garnish)
- Heat 1 T oil in a hot wok, add the garlic and stirfry for 30 seconds.
- Add the tofu and continue to stir fry for a couple of minutes. Push tofu to sides of wok.
- Add pickled turnip, stir for 15 seconds.
- Add the noodles, water and vinegar. Stir until noodles are softened a little bit.
- (If using egg: move noodles to side of the pan, add some oil to centre of wok, break eggs into the centre of the wok, scramble the eggs.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stor fry until everything is well mixed.
- Adjust seasonings to taste with more sugar, vinegar, lime, or dried chilies.
- Serve garnished with fresh chives or coriander.
If you have comments or suggestions,
Amanda's Kitchen is devoted to introducing healthy
vegetarian and vegan cooking to everyone's kitchen.
Page last updated: November 6, 2000
This page created with Netscape Navigator Gold