Clementine Sugar CookiesLacto (vegan option)
Preparation: 1 hour
Makes about 3 dozen
- 1 1/2 c unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 sp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 clementine rind, minced
- 1/2 c butter (or vegan margarine)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 T cornstarch dissolved in 2 T cold water
- 3 T clementine juice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanlla extract or1/4 tsp orange oil
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, 1/2 cup of sugar and clementine zest until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, clementine juice and vanilla or orange extract.
- Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix to make a soft dough.
- Chill until the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 F and position rack in the centre of the oven. Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll out the cookie dough to about a quarter (1/4) inch thickness.
- Cut into cookie shapes and place on cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies at 375 F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Let baked cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a minute before transfering them to a wire rack.
- Decorate with sprinkles and icing, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container for upto 1 week.
Back to Deserts, Sweets and Puddings
Back to Special Occasion
Back to Recipe Categories
Back to Recipe Index
If you have comments or suggestions,
Amanda's Kitchen is devoted to introducing healthy
vegetarian and vegan cooking to everyone's kitchen.
Page last updated: December 24, 2000
This page created with Netscape Navigator Gold