Coconut Red Curry with TofuVegan
Preparation: 15-45 minutes
Serves 4-6 (side dish)
- 1 T oil
- 3 T panang curry paste
- 2 c. (500 mL) coconut milk
- 1 T light soy sauce
- 2-4 keffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1 lb (450 g) cubed tofu (deep fried, optional)
- (1 c. blanched veggies, optional)
- (dried whole red chilies, optional)
- (fresh coriander or keffir lime leaves for garnish, optional)
- Heat wok until hot and then add oil.
- Fry chili paste in oil for a couple of minutes, until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and stir until it boils and the oil surfaces.
- Add soy sauce, keffir lime leaves and palm sugar, mix.
- Add tofu, veggies and chilies.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until sauce is thick.
- Pour into bowls and garnish.
- Serve with rice or sticky rice.
If you have comments or suggestions,
Amanda's Kitchen is devoted to introducing healthy
vegetarian and vegan cooking to everyone's kitchen.
Page last updated: November 6, 2000
This page created with Netscape Navigator Gold