Rice Pudding (Ruz Bilhaleeb)
Preparation: 40 minutes plus cooling
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar (adjust to desired sweetness)
- 1 tbsp. orange blossom water
- Rinse rice and place in a saucepan with water.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add milk, stirring constantly.
- When it begins to get thick, add sugar and orange blossom water.
- Continue stirring constantly until rice is soft or well done.
- Remove from heat and pour into platter spreading it thinly or into individual bowls.
- Cool and serve.
Back to Deserts, Sweets and Puddings
Back to Grains
Back to Recipe Index
Back to Recipe Categories
If you have comments or suggestions,
Amanda's Kitchen is devoted to introducing healthy
vegetarian and vegan cooking to everyone's kitchen.
Page last updated: November 25, 2000
This page created with Netscape Navigator Gold