Satay Sauce – Chinese Style
Preparation: 30 minutes
Serves 1 cup
- 2/3 c. raw peeled peanuts
- 3/4 c. chopped onion
- 2 T. oil
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 T succanat or cane sugar
- 2 T tamari
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp spice powder
- 3/4 c. water
- salt to taste
- In a 400F preheated oven, roast the peanuts until tanned. Cool and then grind the peanuts coarsely.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the onion.
- Cook until the onion is brown and then add the ginger, chili powder, and peanuts.
- Fry for one more minute with constant stirring.
- Turn down the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then adjust seasoning.
For a smoother sauce suitable for marinating, blend the cooked sauce.
Marinate and then grill some tofu in this recipe, or just serve over steamed veggies and rice.
If you have comments or suggestions,
Amanda's Kitchen is devoted to introducing healthy
vegetarian and vegan cooking to everyone's kitchen.
Page last updated: May 25, 2000
This page created with Netscape Navigator Gold